RCI Welding Rods
REFERENCESCast Iron Welding Guide
Aufhauser RCI is a high-quality gray iron oxyacetylene welding rod, designed for gas welding of cast iron, general fabrication or building up new or worn surfaces on castings. RCI is excellent for cast iron fabrication, repair of foundry defects, filling in or building up new or worn castings. RCI produces machinable weld deposits that have the same color, composition and granular structure as the base metal (gray iron). The weld, if properly made, can be as strong as the original casting.
- Production of gray and ductile iron weldments (cast iron to itself or to steel)
- Repair of service worn damage on gray or ductile iron
- Repair of minor casting defects in gray iron
GENERAL INFORMATIONChemical Composition
Note: All values are maximum percentage, unless shown in range.
PHYSICAL and MECHANICAL PROPERTIES
|Tensile Strength||25,000 psi|
Recommended Welding Parameters
(For vertical welding amperages are to be reduced by 10-15 amps.)
SPECIFICATIONS MEET or EXCEED
|ANSI/AWS A5.15 RCI|
3/16" x 24"
1/4" x 24"
- Pre-heat of 1100-1200°F generally required.
- Post-heating varies with the size of the casting: slow cooling, complete stress relief (1150°F) or full annealing (1650°F).
- Gas welding produces less hardening in the HAZ than does arc welding.
- Readily machinable.
- Porosity can be minimized by using a slightly reducing flame.
- The RCI rod contains enough Si and C to replace those elements lost through welding process.
- Use Aufhauser Cast Iron Flux.