70S-6 Mild Steel MIG Wire
REFERENCESMild Steel Alloys Guide
Aufhauser 70S-6 contains higher levels of manganese and silicon for stronger deoxidizing power where stringent cleaning procedures are not possible. The ER70S-6 is intended for both single- and multiple-pass welding. This wire has been designed to provide x-ray quality porosity-free welds and the highest tensile strength (as welded) of the plain carbon steel wires. The high silicon content increases the fluidity of the weld pool, creating a smoother bead appearance and resulting in minimal post-weld grinding. Aufhauser 70S-6 is excellent where poor fit-ups or rusty and oily plates may be used. It is especially suited for sheet metal applications. These electrodes withstand high currents with CO2 shielding, even when welding rimmed steels.
- Welding steels with dirty or rusty surface
- (UNS numbers K02600, K02801, K02001, K02700)
- Single-pass welding of killed, semi-killed, and rimmed steels
- May be used for some multi-pass applications
GENERAL INFORMATIONChemical Composition
* The maximum weight of copper due to any coating plus the residual copper content in the steel shall be 0.50.
** Other elements (Ni, Cr, Mo and V) may be present as trace residuals and collectively are not to exceed 0.50.
PHYSICAL and MECHANICAL PROPERTIES†
|Tensile Strength||81,000 psi|
|Average Impact Strength||29%|
† Determined with 100% CO2 shielding gas
SPECIFICATIONS MEET OR EXCEED
|ANSI/AWS A5.18 (ER70S-6)|
STANDARD SIZES AND DIAMETERS
|0.023, 0.030, 0.035, 0.045|